Walls and Flotta Links
- Lurdy, Flotta – Islander David Sinclair’s new site. Includes articles about World War I and II, the new museum, and current community news and events.
- Flotta Community School – Link to Flotta Community School website also gives Community News
- Cantick Head Lighthouse Holiday Cottages – Stay in one of the old lightkeeper’s cottages on South Walls.
- Charles Tait Photo Library – Has a selection of Flotta photos; including Stanger Head, and the oil terminal.
- Highlands & Islands Fire Brigade – Site includes a photo of Flotta’s Auxiliary Fire Station.
- Scran – Check out this website for a selection of Flotta photographs; amongst others, pictures of Stanger Head, Buchanan Battery and the Flotta Oil Terminal.
Other Island Websites
- South Ronaldsay.net – Features an index to the South Ronaldsay and Burray civil death registers, the 1821 census, contributed photos and a queries page.
- Rousay Roots – Comprehensive resources – including censuses, gravestone inscriptions and family histories – for the island of Rousay as well as the islands of Egilsay, Wyre and Eynhallow.
- Sanday Island – Has a section on Sanday’s history: Notable People, etc.
- Orkneyjar – Orkney traditions, history and folklore with excellent photos of Orkney.
- Orkney Heritage – Includes an excellent article about thatch traditions in Orkney Farm Buildings.
- Orknet – Features a comprehensive list of links to Orkney related goods, services and websites. Also has a selection of Orkney e-cards.
- Orkney Communities – Excellent website featuring a wide range of community contributed material, including an image library and events calendar.
- [See: Research Links]